We have offered Leadership Development Institutes every June since 1998 with the goal of equipping and encouraging individuals identified as having potential for future senior-level administrative leadership in Christian higher education—especially women and leaders of color. Each institute includes a personalized year-long development and mentoring program for every participant. Of the nearly 500 leaders who have participated in these institutes, more than 50 have moved into cabinet-level positions, including 32 provosts and 12 presidents.
Types of Institutes
- Leadership Development Institutes
Registration is now open for the following Institutes:
- Leadership Development Institute (LDI) | This mixed-gender institute provides training for emerging leaders from all CCCU campuses. It will next be offered in 2020.
- Women’s Leadership Development Institute (WLDI) | This institute offers development to women leaders from all CCCU campuses. It will next be offered in 2020.
Registration is now closed for the following Institutes:
- Multi-Ethnic Leadership Development Institute (M-E LDI) | This institute offers training for emerging leaders of color from all CCCU campuses. It will take place June 2019. We are now accepting applications. Registration is closed for 2019.
- Advanced Leadership Institute (ALI) | This institute provides training to both women and men who have completed a previous leadership institute or who are in an advanced leadership role within their institution. Registration is closed.
- Women’s Advanced Leadership Institute (WALI) | This institute provides training to women who have completed a previous leadership institute or who are in an advanced leadership role within their institution.
- Position Specific Institutes
- New Faculty Institute | Held annually, our New Faculty Institute offers new professors on our campuses the opportunity to grow as Christian teachers and scholars and to introduce them to the broader community of Christian higher education professionals. The next NFI will take place June 3-6, 2019, Calvin College, MI.
- New Presidents Institute | This three-day program provides an excellent orientation to newly elected presidents or those serving in interim presidential roles.
- Governance Institute | This three-day summer program provides an opportunity for CCCU presidents and their board chairs to learn together, alongside peers from a number of other institutions, about best practices in governance specifically for Christian colleges and universities. The program allows the president and board chair to learn good governance principles, to understand the unique yet complimentary roles each plays in the continued health of their home campus, to deepen their personal relationship so they can work together well, and to develop specific ideas for follow-up when they return to their home campus.