Council for Collaboration in Doctoral Education Forum - Fall 2017
This event is an interactive forum on issues of doctoral education development and support, promoting increased excellence in doctoral education at CCCU schools for all member and affiliate doctoral program directors, faculty, and administrators.
The CCCU invites doctoral program directors, faculty, and administrators from member and affiliate schools to join us September 28-30, 2017, at Biola University, La Mirada, CA, for our Doctoral Education Collaboration 2017 Forum.
Today, 74 CCCU institutions offer at least one doctoral program, including Ph.D. programs, Ed.D. programs, D.Min programs, and other professional doctoral programs—a significant growth over the last 20 years. The addition of these programs has created new challenges and opportunities for these institutions, most of which began as undergraduate liberal arts colleges.
Many doctoral program directors and faculty are active in the professional organizations of their discipline but have no opportunity to talk with and learn from other doctoral program leaders from like-minded Christian higher education institutions.
To remedy this, a group of CCCU doctoral program directors launched an inaugural forum for their peers, held in 2015 at Azusa Pacific University. Thanks to the success of that event, the CCCU formed the Council for Collaboration in Doctoral Education, which is organizing another forum.
|Registration Class||Early Bird Rate
(by June 16)
| Regular Rate
(June 17 – Aug. 31)
(Sep. 1 – Sep. 15)
|All CCCU Member Types||$165||$180||$195|
CCCU conferences and events are a benefit to our members and affiliates, so they are closed to non-member individuals and institutions. There are some exceptions to this rule, so if you are a non-member interested in attending, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
What Does My Registration Include?
Your registration fee covers program costs and all meals from Thursday evening through Saturday morning, except for Friday evening’s excursion to Downtown Disney. Housing is not included in the conference fee.
Registrations must be received by no later than September 15.
A block of rooms has been reserved at:
Holiday Inn Select
14299 Firestone Blvd.
La Mirada, CA
Rate: $105/nt single or double occupancy
The group rate is available through August or until rooms run out. You must make your own reservations; be sure to mention you are attending this forum to get the rate.
We invite experienced doctoral program directors, faculty, and administrators to submit proposals for leading breakout sessions during the forum on any of the below topics. Submit your proposal no later than August 10 for consideration. Please include the following in your proposal:
- Name and contact information for the proposed presenter(s)
- Topic/issue you would like to offer a breakout session on, with proposed title
- A summary of your relevant background and experience/expertise on the topic/issue identified
- If the format will be a “presentation” or as an “interactive panel/forum” (Note: we are especially interested in shared presentations, where presenters come from more than one institution, promoting the sharing of different perspectives and models.)
Send your proposal by August 10 to email@example.com
Breakout Session Options
There will be five time periods for breakout sessions. We invite proposals for presentations and panel interactions on the following kinds of topics:
• Doctoral Admissions Issues
• Doctoral Online Education Issues
• Doctoral Student Issues
• Dissertation Supervision Issues
• Doctoral Program Assessment Issues
• Doctoral Faculty Issues
• Financial Viability Issues
• Integrating Christian Faith in Doctoral Programs
• Changing models and trends in professional doctoral education programs
• Changing models in research dissertations (PhD)
• Interactive sessions with issues specific to each type of doctoral program