Over the past decade, the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities has been offering a variety of Leadership Development Institutes every June at Cedar Springs Christian Retreat Center. Located near the Canadian border 2 ½ hours north of Seattle, Cedar Springs has been pivotal in the lives of hundreds of individuals from our member schools.
This year, the Council is offering two Institutes: the Leadership Development Institute (LDI) which is open to all applicants, and the Women’s Leadership Development Institute (WLDI) which is targeted toward women leaders. Both Institutes are targeted toward individuals, across the CCCU campuses, who are identified as having future administrative leadership potential. The program will feature the latest leadership literature and research, will draw upon case studies and “best practices” from leadership experts and other cabinet-level leaders, and will provide a wonderful opportunity both for networking and for renewal.
Here’s what you can also expect:
• To receive a compendium of articles and several books that represent a toolkit for improving your leadership effectiveness based on the latest research findings.
• Several days in a restful setting with a group of leaders who are committed to your well-being and professional accomplishments.
• Presentations and discussions about “best practices” related to what we can do to foster potential leaders on our campuses for future higher education leadership.
• A year-long program that connects you with a mentor and provides opportunity to job-shadow.
• Guidance as you develop a personalized professional development plan.